Carbon monoxide levels cause church evacuation

| February 3, 2010

Between 60 and 70 people were evacuated Tuesday night from the Word of God Worship Center when Milwaukee fire fighters responding to a medical emergency detected elevated carbon monoxide levels, a fire official said.

After being called to the center at 3320 W. Vliet St. at 9:35 p.m. a carbon monoxide detector carried by a paramedic showed the elevated levels, Battalion 1 Fire Chief James ÖPoliak said.

No information was available on the patient, who was taken to a local hospital, Poliak said.

None of those evacuated showed any signs of carbon monoxide poisoning and incident was under investigation early Wednesday morning, Poliak said.

 

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/83417097.html

Tags: , ,

Category: Public Health

Comments are closed.