No new travel warnings have been issued; the following merely underscores the current situation.
As an annual public service ahead of the Jewish holidays that occur during the Hebrew month of Tishrei, and the departure of many Israelis abroad, the National Security Council Counter-Terrorism Bureau presents its updated travel warnings.
General travel warning
Hezbollah and Iran have accused Israel of attacking their personnel, which increases the threat of attacks on Israelis – especially senior officials and former senior officials who are now in private business – abroad. The NSCCTB recommends as follows to Israelis abroad.
* Be especially alert and sensitive to unusual phenomena;
* Absolutely avoid visiting or staying in Arab, Islamic and other countries about which travel warnings have been issued;
* Reject tempting and unexpected offers and refuse to accept unexpected gifts and free offers from suspect or unknown sources;
* Reject invitations to unexpected meetings, especially in remote areas, and take care to attend meetings accompanied by reliable persons.
* Avoid entering the hotel rooms or private residences of suspect or unfamiliar persons;
* During prolonged stays abroad, take care to vary routines, i.e. change hotels, restaurants, itineraries, etc. from time to time.
For additional details, please contact the NSCCTB at 02-5486042/3/4/03.
SOURCE and Read More:
If the link is dead or no longer live please email us at [email protected] for assistance.